Menopause is a natural part of every woman's life. Unfortunately, it can bring unpleasant surprises, such as hair loss during menopause .
This is a source of stress and uncertainty for many women. Fortunately, in this article we list the causes and tips, so that you are not left in the dark.
Causes of hair loss during menopause
- Hormonal changes - the most common cause of hair loss during menopause is the change in hormone levels. The production of estrogen and progesterone decreases, which increases the risk of thinning hair;
- Stress - as in every stage of life, stress also has an impact during menopause;
- Nutritional deficiencies – changes in the body lead to nutritional deficiencies, which negatively impact hair health.
Okay, now we know what the causes are. But what now?
Tips to reduce hair loss during menopause
We have some tips for you that will make a big difference for many. Research shows that 54% of women over the age of 50 have a vitamin D deficiency anyway. Not to mention other essential vitamins, because in 2019 more than 40% of Dutch people had a serious vitamin deficiency.
That was five years ago now, so don't think it has gotten any worse! That is why it is obvious that nutrition is number 1 in our list of tips:
- Healthy diet - ensure a balanced diet rich in vitamins and minerals, which are essential for your health and hair growth: iron, zinc and Biotin.
- Gentle hair care - avoid harsh chemical treatments and heat styling. Choose gentle, nourishing hair care products.
- Regular exercise – exercise improves blood circulation, which is important for the scalp and hair growth.
- Stress management - techniques such as yoga, meditation or mindfulness help manage stress.
The role of hair vitamins
Hair vitamins, such as hair gummies, are a valuable addition to your routine. These supplements often contain a mix of vitamins and minerals known for their positive effects on hair health. They contain ingredients that support your hair growth:
- Biotin keeps your hair strong and shiny
- Zinc to stimulate normal hair growth
- Vitamin C for internal skin care
This is an information page. Veganboost does not have any products intended for this indication/application.