In an earlier article we already wrote about the effects of biotin , but now we want to specifically discuss the amount of biotin.
How much biotin per day for hair loss?
Hair loss is extremely annoying and many people suffer from it. Biotin is a nutrient that contributes to normal hair growth, allowing you to efficiently resolve deficiencies. Scientific research is not unanimous, but they have arrived at a guideline. You can take biotin supplements to limit hair loss, provided you take at least 2.5-5 mg of biotin per day. It is also good to use hair care products, because they prevent split ends and ensure that your hair remains shiny.
What is biotin?
Biotin is also known as vitamin B8 and it is a water-soluble B vitamin, which plays a crucial role in a range of metabolic processes in the human body. Biotin is a colorless solid that is highly soluble in water and organic solvents.
Biochemical functions of biotin
For those who like the scientific side of this substance, we also have some nice input about its biochemical functions:
- Fatty Acid Synthesis : Acetyl-CoA carboxylase, a biotin-dependent enzyme, plays a key role in the synthesis of fatty acids by catalyzing the carboxylation of acetyl-CoA to malonyl-CoA.
- Gluconeogenesis : This is the process of producing glucose from non-carbohydrate sources. Biotin-dependent enzymes such as pyruvate carboxylase are crucial in this metabolic pathway.
- Amino Acid Metabolism : Biotin is involved in the metabolism of several important amino acids, including leucine.
- Carbohydrate Metabolism : Biotin plays a role in the metabolic pathways that help convert glucose into usable energy.
You can also take biotin naturally, as long as you consume the right foods. Make sure you get them as unprocessed as possible, because only then will they contain all the goodness. So don't cook for too long, eat them raw or limit them to steaming. These are foods that contain high levels of vitamin biotin:
- Nuts and seeds
- Organ meat
- Dairy products
- Whole wheat and grains
- Vegetables such as sweet potatoes, spinach and broccoli
- Fruit, especially avocado
How much biotin per day?
To combat hair loss, you need to consume about 2.5-5 mg per day, as we discussed above. Our supplements contain 10 mg biotin, so you will see really good results after three months. Read our reviews to read other people's experiences.
This is an information page. Veganboost does not have any products intended for this indication/application.